A Message From Our PTSA President
Hello LT Parents!
We are half-way through the school year. If you’re like many, you’re busy, your children are even busier, and life is racing by at a break-neck pace. There is good news: it won’t always be this busy and in two to four years, you will probably miss these times. What you don’t want to miss is the opportunity to get involved at LT now!
You may be wondering, “Why should I join the PTSA?” or “What can I do?” Let me assure you that you are needed at LT and the PTSA has several opportunities for parents to stay engaged and help all our students in the process.
The overall purpose of PTSA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. We do this through collaboration, commitment, accountability, respect, inclusiveness and integrity. The Lebanon Trail PTSA participates in the school, district, state and national goals by providing programs and support to our school, students, parents, and teachers. Our PTSA board is an active, friendly, diverse team committed to making the LT legacy a great one. We need you to join us!
We also need you to support our fundraising efforts. Fundraising is how we provide the following fantastic programs and events:
- Program with U.S. Olympian, Johnny Quinn
- First, Annual Trail Blazer Day
- Teacher mini-grants
- Teacher Support (Lunches, breakfasts, snack days)
- Volunteer Concession Opportunities at The Star (fundraiser)
- Educational programs for parents (Join us on November 14th for our General Meeting and ADHD
Presentation “Life and Study Hacks for ADHD)
- Coffee with Families and Buddies (SAGE) on December 8th as part of White Ribbon Week
- Mock Princeton Review Practice ACT on February 10, 2018
- Five “End-of-the-Six-Weeks” Celebrations for the entire student body
- Fund Scholarships for deserving Seniors beginning in 2020
- Teacher Appreciation Week in May 2018
- Advocation for Legislative issues impacting children, and more…
We can’t do any of these wonderful events without your support! We are currently engaged in one of our major fundraisers: our Write-A-Check Campaign. We need you to reach our fundraising goals and complete our programs for this year. You don’t write checks anymore? No Problem. We’ve made it easy for you to “Click and Give” at bit.ly/givePTSA or donate at our website: www.lebanontrailptsa.com. You may donate until December 31, 2017 and remember, all donations are tax deductible.
President, LTHS PTSA